Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Science Museum and beyond


January 2, 2013

Hey Guys, this is Charles Richard Lemon Jr. (a.k.a Chas) checking in on my free day blog in London! I am a senior at the College of St. Scholastica in the chilly city of Duluth, Minnesota. I’m a communication major with a history minor, and I just finished my last season of (American) football, and am now taking advantage of learning about the wonderful culture of the U.K! I am so excited to be here, and am glad to be in London!

So, the day started with the typical breakfast of a sunny side up egg, bacon, and a grilled tomato and the leftover liquids from the pub in my Tummy J. After breakfast a small group of us decided to go to the Science Museum and had a blast. My favorite exhibit was Who am I? The exhibit invited you to explore the science of “who you are” through intriguing objects, provocative artworks and hands-on exhibits. The group had lots of fun taking pictures and having robots draw them in the sand. We also discovered what your voice sounds like as a member of the opposite sex.



After the Science Museum, I was in great need of nap…, which was long over due. After my little catnap, we went to the British Museum. We worked on our first required assignment, which didn’t seem like homework at all because it was so much fun. I finally got to see my mummy, mummy (ha-ha).  We spent much of our time looking at the Egyptian exhibit, which had a lot of interesting artifacts.

After the British museum, it was about time for my second catnap, which was wonderful. We went to the second play, Constellations, at the Royal Court. I was really surprised, because I definitely thought I was going to fall asleep during the play. The cast was only two people so I had my doubts of how interesting it would be. But in the end I was shocked because I loved the performance! The play was a few scenarios done over and over again but in different ways.  Maybe it was how funny it was or how changing a few actions in a conversation can change the outcome of a conversation so much.

So, the play ended and I was so exhausted from the day, I stopped at the rocking Tesco, grabbed some grub and headed back to the hotel. Tomorrow, Harry Potter Studios! WOO!

1 comment:

  1. One thing I learned in London is Chas has a great collection of facial displays. But anyways, the science museum was great. Even though I don't find myself completely interested in science, it was definitely something to see! And oddly enough, I reccomend it over the Natural History Museum.

    ReplyDelete